[Mailman-Users] What is with all this password stuff?

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM
Fri Nov 17 02:41:17 CET 2000

> Is it just me, or does mailman try to do too many
> things with passwords?

It's not just you, but that's how it's designed right now.

> I have enough passwords
> to deal with, I don't need any more. I really
> don't need to be told that I need a remember
> a password to unsubscribe from a mailing list.

Like it or not, that's how it is, and when you joined the list,
you were told that, in great detail.

> Does this password thing seem like a stupid
> idea to anyone else? Please tell me this is
> a bug and will get fixed?

It's not a bug; it may be modified, but not imminently.