[Mailman-Users] Cron problem...

Kent Howard kent at tensa.com
Thu Nov 23 23:56:23 CET 2000

Looks like your old crontab entries were installed as root (from
looking at cron's email to you.  You probably (at least you should
have) installed mailman's crontab.in as the mailman user.  If your
mailman user is named mailman, you can check with

	crontab -u mailman -l

It should show the NEW crontab from cron/crontab.in

Then check root's crontab

	crontab -u root -l

If you see old mailman entries in there then

	crontab -u root -e

and edit them out.  Or if ONLY mailman entries are in the root
crontab you can remove root's crontab altogether with

	crontab -u root -r

- Kent

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 09:01:04AM -0600, Johnny Fuerst wrote:
+----------
| On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 02:15:38AM -0800, kent at tensa.com wrote:
| > You need to update the crontab entries.  You still have the 1.1
| > crontab installed.  Replace it with the new crontab.in in Mailman's
| > cron directory.
|
| Hey Kent-
|
| How do I get rid of the old crontab entries, as I already have run
| 'crontab /home/mailman/cron/crontab.in' from the 2.0 installation, as I
| have deleted the files related to 1.1?
|
| Thanks Much!
|
| Sincerely,
| Johnny
|
| > On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 02:15:17AM -0600, Johnny Fuerst wrote:
| > +----------
| > | Hello All!
| > |
| > | I have installed and am running mailman version 2.0 on my 4.0 FreeBSD
| > | box. The address for the list server is http://mailman.cathat.net
| > \/\/\/
| > | On to the problem with it, or something else:
| > | I have forwarded along with this e-mail the error that I have been
| > | having. I can't, for the life of me, find where this is being requested to
| > | be processed by python. Someone, please help!
| > |
| > | Thank you for any assistance!
| > |
| > | With much Sincerity,