[Mailman-Users] Re: monthly mailings

Tom Neff tneff at bigfoot.com
Mon Oct 2 19:11:49 CEST 2000

Chuq wrote:
> What I'd like to see Mailman do is a monthly posting, per list, not
> per server. that would allow us to define custom text for each list
> to be included, so it is turned back into a "information about this
> list" message, not just a "here are your subscription" message -- it
> really needs to be both. And if we add the functionality to allow the
> date it's sent out configured per-list, admins can spread it out so
> that we aren't as inundated on the 1st.

Another tack (don't know which one makes more sense) would be for each
server to send a monthly reminder to each member of ANY of its hosted lists,
reminding them of ALL lists that they're a member of.  That way if you have
a site hosting a bunch of lists (some seasonal, some temporary, others
topical etc) you would just get one message per month from that site.  Might
help at least some people.