[Mailman-Users] Re: cleartext passwords

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Oct 2 20:18:31 CEST 2000

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:54:29 -0700
alex wetmore <alex at phred.org> wrote:

> I do wish that Mailman had the option to just have confirmation
> email for any list configuration changes.  This would be simpler
> for most users (especially since most of my users do the "send my
> password to me" to unsub anyway).

Agreed.

Another feature which I've seen on a couple list servers now is that
they reply with a custom URL to configuration commend.  Simply
Very nice, especially for neophyte and casual users as there is
*zero* surprise or incomprehension response to the instruction, "Go
to this web page to finish your XXXX."

An example BTW are the security lists hosted at SecurityPortal.  A
sample confirmation message looks something lie the following (URL
keys slightly munged):

--<cut>--