[Mailman-Users] Accounting

Mike Richardson doctor at kira.mcc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 09:44:42 CEST 2000

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 03:34:53PM -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> At 3:31 PM -0700 10/3/00, Harold Paulson wrote:
> >Howdy,
> >
> >Has anyone done any accounting on mailman list traffic?  Emails
> >sent, bytes xfered, that sort of thing?  I didn't see any obvious
> >way to pull it out of logs/, so I was wondering if someone else had
> >done it before I started coding :)
>
> None that I know of, but the raw data you need are in
> ~mailman/logs/post and ~mailman/logs/smtp, so it shouldn't be too
> hard to get some numbers with reasonable ease.

I'm working on a cgi script to extract info from Mailman's logs (and
other custom logging I've added.) At the moment its just for my own
information but I expect the scope will expand as list admin
request more information. If anyone is interested I'll release the
(perl) scripts once they are a little more... refined.

Mike
Copyright 2000 Mike Richardson, Rm G98, Manchester Computing
University of Manchester, M13 9PL. doctor at mcc.ac.uk, 0161 275-6009