[Mailman-Users] qrunner locks?

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Oct 4 19:09:03 CEST 2000

At 12:47 PM -0400 10/4/00, Chris Hedemark wrote:
>You are not alone.  I have Mailman 2.0beta6 on Red Hat 6.2.  Check this out:

The answer is:

it depends. If qrunner is already running when cron spawns qrunner,
the new one can't get the lock and exits. that's a feature.

If qrunner isn't running and it can't get a lock, that's a problem,
usually permission, sometimes a leftover lock.

So you need to go into the system and see what it's doing at the
time. If you see the log entry hit, try "ps -ef | grep mailman" and
see what's going on with mailman. And check your ~mailman/locks
directory for leftover lock files and the like.

And make sure check_perms runs clean.

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.