[Mailman-Users] Mailman and MIME attachments

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Mon Oct 9 21:40:41 CEST 2000

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:30:56 GMT
Gordon Grant <gordong at babcockbrown.com> wrote:

> I've just started to use Mailman for some of babcockbrown.com's
> internal mailing lists.  Is there any way to get Mailman archives
> (Pipermail) to allow downloading of MIME attachments from archived
> mail (via a web-interface), instead of displaying the plain text
> of the email?

No.

> I've tried a few web-searches to see if the functionality exists,
> either within Mailman or another packaage, but so far I've drawn a
> blank...

There are other tools you can use.  I recommend (and use) MHonArc
(http://www.mhonarc.org/).  You can see what I've done with it here:

and the undocumented and non-trivial setup that creates that here:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives/

Or the older and simpler RCs here:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/Kanga.Nu/WebArchives.old/

Which have a similar look'n'feel, but don't support the various PHP
and PHPLib based clevers my new stuff does.

You can see examples of archived MIME messages here:

  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q2/msg00854.php
  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q2/msg00893.php
  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q2/msg01256.php
  http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/2000Q3/msg00661.php