[Mailman-Users] Disabling passwords

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jason.nl
Wed Oct 11 09:31:03 CEST 2000

* Dan Mick <Dan.Mick at West.Sun.COM> (Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 02:14:49PM -0700)

>> Or is there a way to set a password whitout having to go through  the
>> webinterface.

>> I have to change the passwords for over a 100 users on 20 lists so some
>> sort of command line tool/python script that takes a mailinglist username
>> and passwd would come in very handy.

> Using withlist, it would be pretty easy to write; the passwords
> are stored in a simple array indexed by username.

> Of course you have to know a little bit of Python.  If you're

Ehm, yeah,
that's my main problem.
I know almost no Python
(in fact all I know is that it's loops are indent based ;) )

> desperate I'll hack something up for you.  Meanwhile here's the

Please do. I really am desperate ;)

> snippet I have lying around to dump them; stick it in ~mailman
> and invoke bin/withlist -r pws.pws <listname>

Cool,
works like a charm , thanks ;)

> vvv kind of a long .sig, isn't it?....

Yeah, that's my official compnay signature ..
I'd forgotten to take it off and replace it with one of my own.

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	Standing above the crowd, he had a voice so strong and loud
 =`\<,			we'll miss him