[Mailman-Users] confirms not being processed

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Fri Oct 13 22:53:59 CEST 2000

Guy McArthur wrote:

> Hello I have 2.0b6 set up on redhat 6.2 linux. Almost everything seems to
> be fine, check perms is happy, but subscription confirmation are not being
> processed. The crontab is in place for user mailman, etc. It's coexisting
> with a majordomo setup, so I have a symlink called mmwrapper from
> /usr/adm/sm.bin to mailman's wrapper. I can create a list, I can post to
> the list (mail going to the admin), but I cannot subscribe. The subscribe
> file is appended to, but apparently never processed.

The only subscribe file I know about is logs/subscribe, which is just a log;
it's not processed per se.  Are you saying you see entries in there saying
"....pending"?  Is there a ~mailman/data/pending_subscriptions.db, and if
so, does bin/dumpdb show the things you expect in that file (the subscriptions
you think are pending)?  I assume the email confirmation does get sent back to the
address that's attempting to subscribe;  how are you replying to
the confirmation?  Does the confirmation reply show up anywhere (in the
admin pages or anything)?  Is the confirmation reply going to <list>-request?