[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Boris Boruchovich boris at openair.com
Thu Oct 26 13:29:06 CEST 2000

Hi,

I have setup Mailman for internal use, as well as, for our OpenAir.com
service.  Mailman is great.  I had to make couple of changes in order for it
to work the way I needed.  Here is what I did:

1. I changed unsubscribe not to require a password if the body only
contained the keyword "unsubscribe".  Then only the sender is unsubscribed.
This way it is easier for list members to unsubscribe.  All our members are
subscribed by our service and have no access to their passwords.

2. I changed subscribe to accept an Admin password when subscribing someone
other than self.  I have made the list open so that it does not require
either Admin approval nor member confirmation.  But, I did not want anyone
subscribing someone else without any authority.

Questions:

1. Does anyone see any major issues with what I did?  Could I have done this
another way?
2. How do I set the "not me too" option to be set by default for each new
member?

Thanks,

Boris