[Mailman-Users] Help!

Phil Barnett midnight at the-oasis.net
Sat Sep 2 05:47:08 CEST 2000

I've been reading and reading for a week and I still have gotten no
closer to resolving this situation.

I'm trying to get Mailman working with qmail and I can't get qmail to
accept messages for my test mailbox.

I have been told that aside from all the setup I've already done that I
need to add an alias so qmail understands how to deliver mail to
Mailman. I have probably missed some very simple step, but not
being familiar with anything about qmail, it's sure not obvious to me.

It is not clear to me where this alias will be placed and what will be
in it.

Details:

Mailman is in /home/mailman

qmail's aliases are in /usr/local/plesk/qmail/alias Currently that
directory contains:

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       24 Aug  1 17:23 .qmail-mailer-daemon
-rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail     24 Aug  1 17:23 .qmail-postmaster
-rw-r--r--    1 root     qmail     24 Aug  1 17:23 .qmail-root

The virtual directory that all the other qmail mailboxes are working
correctly in (although automatically configured by plesk, so I have
no idea how they are set up...)
/usr/local/plesk/qmail/mailnames/matrixlist.com and it contains the
following files: (created by a script included by mailman)

-rw-r--r--    1 popuser  popuser   51 Aug 27 21:29 .qmail-owner-test
-rw-r--r--    1 popuser  popuser   46 Aug 27 21:29 .qmail-test
-rw-r--r--    1 popuser  popuser   51 Aug 27 21:29 .qmail-test-admin
-rw-r--r--    1 popuser  popuser   51 Aug 27 21:29 .qmail-test-owner
-rw-r--r--    1 popuser  popuser   49 Aug 27 21:29 .qmail-test-request

Can someone please help me out here? C'mon, throw me a bone!
Give me some ideas. Tell me it's impossible. If I'm not providing
enough information after all the detailed posts I've made, please,
tell me what else to provide. I've been asking around this list for a
week now and I'm feeling like a leper.

Is what I'm trying to do really that obscure?

Please?

P.S. I'm not above begging.

              Phil Barnett  mailto:midnight at the-oasis.net
                       WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net/