[Mailman-Users] Mailman b5 lockup

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Tue Sep 5 17:22:54 CEST 2000

At 4:39 AM -0400 9/5/00, Ron Jarrell wrote:
>  I also run an MCI_CACHE_SIZE of 30,

intersting. I haven't tried that. I'll have to..

>with a timeout of 35, and have the QUEUE_SORT_ORDER set to host.

I've done a fair amount of work with queuesortorder, and I found it
actually didn't speed anything up. On my larger systems, delivery
took just as long. FWIW, YMMMV. So I stopped using it.

>  (Although I'll
>go in every few days and run a special queue run sorted by time with
>higher timeouts,
>to catch problematic hosts.

I just ran sendmail out of cron once an hour with queuesortorder=time...

>For other interesting timeouts, I lowered the IDENT timeout to 15
>seconds (too many
>PCs were broken w.r.t things hitting their ident ports,

I set IDENT to 0, to turn it off completely. So much is broken, and
many firewalls don't propogate it. It's pretty worthless. Even 15
seconds isn't worth it.

Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"