[Mailman-Users] Threading?

Steve Maller steve at maller.com
Tue Sep 5 19:44:16 CEST 2000

I have noticed that with my Redhat 6.2/Sendmail 8.9.3/Mailman 2.0b5
setup that messages are sent out using a single thread.

Is there any way to paralellize this process at all? I noticed the
MAX_DELIVERY_THREADS directive is set to 0 with warning that "if your
Python interpreter was not built for threads, this feature is

I realize this is probably a FAQ, but is there a step-by-step gudie
to doing this? And is the warning about "it may in fact degrade
performance, possibly due to Python's global interpreter lock" still
relevant (and true)?

Steve Maller

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshipped anything but himself.
     -- Sir Richard F. Burton