[Mailman-Users] Mailman b5 lockup

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Wed Sep 6 04:05:00 CEST 2000

At 6:57 PM -0700 9/5/00, J C Lawrence wrote:
>On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:44:23 -0700
>Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui at plaidworks.com> wrote:
>
>>  That address is in Hungary, which is notorious for slow DNS.
>
>I've found it makes a whole lot of sense to run a cacheing name
>server on

I do that. It's a HUGE win. And running it on your machine wins
greatly over running it near your machine, since you cut all of the
DNS<->MTA network overhead. Of course, you have to have memory to run
it, but RAM is cheap and it's a great performance enhancer.

Just don't reboot the machine any more often than you need to... (grin)

--
Chuq Von Rospach - Plaidworks Consulting (mailto:chuqui at plaidworks.com)
Apple Mail List Gnome (mailto:chuq at apple.com)

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
and say 'Man, what are you doing here?'"