[Mailman-Users] Exim and beta5

Derry Goberdhansingh sam at mytrini.com
Thu Sep 7 07:30:14 CEST 2000

Well I installed Mailman on my debian box, which is running Exim with a mail
GID of 8 <-- mail user and group.
 I did a ./configure --with-mail-gid=8 and installed everything, I created a
test list and added the aliases to the /etc/aliases file. I sent a message
to the test list, that's where the problem comes in.... I don't get any mail
from it. I've got two other accounts, seperate from the admin and I tried
sending mail from both of them, but I still get a message from the list.

Can someone please tell me what I'm possibly doing wrong? I did a cat
/etc/group and /etc/passwd to find out the mail GID, which turned out to be
8, with a UID of mail. I do have  FQDN so that's not the problem, I just
copied the aliases directly from what the newlist command gave me. So that's
correct.

Please help if you can.

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather.. Not screaming and crying
like the passengers in his car.