[Mailman-Users] Exim and beta5 -- Solved and Suggestion

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 14:39:44 CEST 2000

sam at mytrini.com said:
> I know this might be a pain, but could the maintainers of the put in a
> simple README.EXIM and just have about 2-3 lines telling the users to
> edit their exim.conf file under the Directors Configuration set the
> user to *mail* and uncomment the line.

I submitted one as a patch a few weeks back - should be in any 2.0
release after beta5.

Incidently the README.exim is basically a straight dump of
	http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html

which I am reasonably sure is referenced in the main README files.

I guess I could add a note that exim aliases that invoke a pipe
transport *must* have a uid associated with them... it defaults to not
having one because that forces people to think before they unsecure
their system :-)
However I'd strongly recommend not using aliases anyhow, although their
might be case for doing so if you are using lots of disparate domains
without common lists.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]