[Mailman-Users] feature question

Rick Pasotto rick at niof.net
Fri Sep 8 19:28:35 CEST 2000

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 10:07:40AM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2000 00:22:20 -0400
> Scott R Every <scott at emji.net> wrote:
> > how would i go about putting the following at the end of each
> > email for certain lists?
> What you are asking for is VERP.  Mailman currently does not support
> VERP.  If your MTA does (eg Exim, Postfix, Qmail) you can post
> porcess list messages upon MTA receipt to VERP them.

OK, I'm ignorant. I finally figured out that "post" was an adverb
modifying "process" and not a verb but I still don't know what VERP
means nor do I have any clue as to where to start looking to learn how
to do what you suggest.

Help, please. (I'm using Exim.)

"The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become
the instruments of tyranny at home."
		-- James Madison
		   Rick Pasotto email: rickp at telocity.com