[Mailman-Users] Re: users getting mail twice

David Champion dgc at uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 21 08:05:10 CEST 2000

On 2000.09.21, in <20000921053342.B1200 at nova.yi.org>,
	"Tom Goulet" <tomg at nova.yi.org> wrote:

> When a user of my mailing list hits the 'g' key in most popular mailers,
> a reply is set up that addressed To: listuser at foo.bar, and CC:
> thelist at mymachine.

Since you're using Mutt, and you specifically mentioned the "g" key,
I'll throw in that Mutt has a feature to avoid this behavior.  Define
your list address as a mailing list using the "lists" directive in the
.muttrc.  Additionally, if you "subscribe" that list in the .muttc, it
will toss in the (nonstandard) Mail-Followup-To: header asking replying
agents to send replies to the list address, not to you.

Not all mailers support Mail-Followup-To:, but would this be a useful
item to put in Mailman's list configuration?  I'd rather that than

--
 -D.	dgc at uchicago.edu	NSIT	University of Chicago