[Mailman-Users] Can't POST to mailman

Sramsey at east.delfin.com Sramsey at east.delfin.com
Sat Sep 23 03:10:15 CEST 2000

From: Dave Sherohman <esper at sherohman.org>
Sender: mailman-users-admin at python.org

W. Scott Ramsey said:
>   happycamper-request at tsiweb.net:
>     unknown local-part "happycamper-request" in domain "tsiweb.net"

Did you update /etc/aliases?  (Do you need to?  What's your MTA?)

I was under the impression from the documentation that editing the
/etc/aliases file would break the program.  I'm using Exim (most current
version). I got the HowTo that describes the setup of the exim.conf so
Mailman would work.  So I guess my question is do I need to edit the
aliases file?  I noticed that when you run the newlist command it generates
the entries but does the administrator  need to create these entries in the
aliases file?  Thanks for the response.
W. Scott Ramsey
Sr. Network Engineer - MCNE/CLP (R5)/ACC
Delfin Systems - Fairfax VA
office (703) 449-7600 ext 2172
mobile (703) 861-5482