[Mailman-Users] Who admins this list?

Michael Lampman lampman at newact.com
Thu Sep 28 15:06:55 CEST 2000

At 1:23 PM -0700 9/27/00, Dan Mick wrote:
>"If you've just installed Mailman, and mail isn't being delivered,
>do *not* post a question to mailman-users about it before you
>check the cron job that runs qrunner to verify that it is running;
>if it is, and you do post a message, be certain to say in the message
>that you've verified it, and how."

So I guess this list is only for experts.  It is inappropriate for a
raw beginner to post his dumb questions to it.  You must be a help
desk person.  Before you will answer a question,  you want to be sure
that the user asking it feels as stupid as possible.  Well I do.  I
don't even know *how* to verify that the cron job is running.  Don't
give me RTFM though because, if there is a manual dealing with
installation and configuration, I am certainly unable to find it.  I
have been through *all* FAQs and *all* documentation that came with
the application as well as online, (which is the same).

Be that as it may, output from the command -
  /usr/bin/python /usr/share/mailman/cron/run_queue

Looks like this -
/usr/bin/python: can't open file '/usr/share/mailman/cron/run_queue'

So I suppose it is not doing what it ought to.  At the risk of
annoying you further, I have to ask now what?

Michael Lampman