[Mailman-Users] I/O operation on closed file

Peggy Callinan callinma at gse.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 3 20:10:52 CEST 2001

We've been using Mailman 2.0beta5 for some time now, but recently we've
started to see multiple postings of a single message on many of our
lists. The message headers show the same message id for each instance of
the posting, but the MTA log only indicates that the message was sent to
the list once. We use SMTPDirect for the Delivery module. The error log
message is:

Aug 01 11:13:03 2001 (10226) Delivery exception: I/O operation on closed
Aug 01 11:13:03 2001 (10226) Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py", line 82,
in do_pipeline
    func(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/SMTPDirect.py", line 106,
in process
    mlist.RegisterBounce(recip, msg, saveifdirty=0)
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncer.py", line 147, in
    self.HandleBouncingAddress(addr, msg)
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/Bouncer.py", line 245, in
  File "/export/home/mailman/Mailman/pythonlib/rfc822.py", line 104, in
ValueError: I/O operation on closed file

Does anyone have any ideas? I intend to upgrade in the near future, but
am hoping to fix this sooner. Thanks