[Mailman-Users] Public Or Not?

honeypot honeypot at online.no
Sun Aug 5 04:31:25 CEST 2001

Hello.

I still have a problem concerning wether my mailists should be publicly
advertised or not. I seem to be unable to get them to appear as public on the
mailman page.

I've set the "advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this
machine" option to be "YES". It still doesn't appear as public. (Privacy
settings)

Which leads me to my next question; what should the "Host name this list
prefers" box, contain. I've tried to set it to be the same as the webpage
address ; http://qvigstad.no . Obviously that isn't working. What could the
problem be?

(And, yes, I've reloaded, tried various browsers etc. ;) )

I'm admining several other lists, and haven't experienced anything similar
before.

Thanks for all your help!
Therese.