[Mailman-Users] Did I found a huge bug in Mailman 2.1a2?

Marc Korthaus m.korthaus at macnews.de
Sun Aug 12 23:10:19 CEST 2001

Hello alltogether,

I worked all the past 5 days on our new mailinglist server based on
Mailman 2.1a2 and it seems I found a bug in the new version: If you
activate

"Send mail to poster when their posting is held for approval?" to "Yes"

you will run into an ugly loop which comes from the new mailman
daemon introduced in 2.1a2. The incoming mail got placed by our
wrapper into "~mailman/qfiles/in/" where the daemon will grap it and
write the file into ~mailman/data and puts the request into the
"requests.db" of the appropiate mailinglist, after this, he deletes
the request from "~mailman/qfiles/in/" - right?

Here we go: If you activated the "Send mail to poster when their
posting is held for approval?"-option the daemon doesn´t deletes the
requests from "~mailman/qfiles/in/" which produces an awfull loop,
because the request will be stored over and over again into the
data-directory and in the requests.db. Playing this game, I had to
manage more than 10.000 requests - to much for my machine, which got
bogged down.

However, after 3 days of testing I found this as "solution".  Now I´m
quite more happy...

CU,
--

Marc Korthaus
macnews.de

----
http://www.macnews.de/
Alles, was man wissen muss. Auf deutsch und in Rot.

macnews.de OnlineServices GmbH
Briller Str.  4
42105 Wuppertal

Fax: 0202 3702815