[Mailman-Users] Use same users db for two lists

Phil Stracchino alaric at babcom.com
Wed Aug 15 01:42:36 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:08:08PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:42:59 -0700
> Phil Stracchino <alaric at babcom.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 03:36:35PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> >> Why not make the discussion list a child list of the announce
> >> list?
> > Child list?
> Bad language.  The correct term (for Mailman) is "umbrella list".
> See the General Options admin page for initial details.

Ah, I see 'Suffix for use when this list is an umbrella for other lists,
according to setting of previous "umbrella_list" setting. (Details)'

What I can't find (yet) is the 'previous "umbrella_list" setting' ....
has this possibly been omitted from the admin interface, or is it buried
somewhere obsacure?  Or is it an option at list creation time only?

 Linux Now!   ..........Because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.
 phil stracchino   --   the renaissance man   --   mystic zen biker geek
        alaric at babcom.com                halmayne at sourceforge.net
   2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)