[Mailman-Users] running one list really slow

David Casti david at casti.com
Fri Aug 17 01:18:54 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have about 20 lists running on mailman 2.0.4 + sendmail here.  For the
most part, they work fine.  There is one list with about 2700 members on
it, though, which is really slow to process outgoing messages.  A single
outgoing message to the list can take 5 or 10 minutes to process.

Are there any known issues which would cause mail to one list to be so
slow, where other lists are running fine?  For example, can the subscriber
list get corrupted, or ... ???  I don't think this is the local DNS issue
which is mentioned as a known problem with sendmail, both because I've
turned it off in sendmail.cf, and because other lists are not impacted.

Thanks,
David.