[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman's forte...

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Wed Aug 22 08:59:13 CEST 2001

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 13:29:28 -0700 (PDT)
Eric Pretorious <eric at pretorious.net> wrote:

> Nope - I have the exact same results when accessing these scripts
> (handle_opts & subscribe) on SVLUG.org. There's definitely
> something wrong with Mailman. Thanks for looking, though.

Poking into this business of bad HTML BODY tags slightly further:

  -- The body tag originates in htmlformat.py

  -- The Debian package patches that file at the point it generates
  the BODY tag.  Do `apt-get source mailman` on a Debian system to
  see, or grab the diff off your local Debian mirror. (It comments
  out the "output.append line").

  -- SVLUG.org is running Debian.  I don't know if they're running
  from a Debian Mailman package or not.  They appear on the surface
  to be running 2.0.5, much as I am.  At Kanga.Nu I'm running the
  default Debian package, and as you can see, generate correct HTML.

  -- The Debian package maintainer is active on the Mailman lists
  (possibly -developer only) and may be able to comment further.

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.