[Mailman-Users] Double emails

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Thu Aug 23 18:40:53 CEST 2001

On 05:17 AM 8/23/01, Clayton, Robert wrote:
 >Has anyone experienced double emails from posters?
 >I am the admin and within the last couple months I have been getting dupes
 >of every message.
 >One is from the list and one is from the admin account of the list.
 >I have gone thru the settings and can not find anything that would indicate
 >such a service.
 > HELP! The intensity of posters has grown in my list and now I am swimming
 >in them...
 >Any help is appreciated.

I bet your admin account was accidently subscribed as a list member
(probably as a result of an attempt to subscribe some other address
manually via email, and ending up with an improperly formatted email
message that subscribed the email address you were sending "From:" rather
than the email address you were attempting to add).  Look again...

jc