[Mailman-Users] Documentation correction

Anthony R. Thompson art at sigiltechnologies.com
Wed Aug 29 23:34:56 CEST 2001

     On http://www.list.org/install-final.html under web server
configuration, you recommend:

ScriptAlias   /mailman/       $prefix/cgi-bin/
Exec          /mailman/*      $prefix/cgi-bin/*

     However, I'm using Apache and while the ScriptAlias line worked,
the Exec line caused an error ("Invalid command 'Exec', perhaps
mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration").  After some fiddling around, the following did work:

ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "/home/mailman/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

     I realize that the page says "Consult your web server's
documentation for details", but since the default advice seems to be
geared to Apache, and the default advice doesn't seem to work (at
least it didn't for me), I thought I'd send the correction.

     hope this helps,
     and thanks for putting together a great set of software!
     Anthony

--
Anthony R. Thompson - art at sigiltechnologies.com - 617.480.5722