[Mailman-Users] Large Lists manipulations

Tass Chapman tass at kenderhome.com
Wed Dec 5 04:35:55 CET 2001

I am running Mailman 2.0.6 on a FreeBSD 4.3 box, and I have a list of some
10K addresses or so.

Is there a quicker way to remove members than the UI or the remove_members
tool? I can quickly use emacs to load and find the email in the config.db,
but I am not sure of the syntax and am rather loathe to just delete at will.

Currently an attempt to unsub via the web fails (timesout) and it generally
times out for Admin as well. remove_members takes about 50 mins or so...

--
|Tass Chapman| tass at kenderhome.com   : PGP key @ pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371|
| http://www.kenderhome.com          : KEYID: 0x5BC152A1              |

A good question is never answered.  It is not a bolt to be tightened
into place but a seed to be planted and to bear more seed toward the
hope of greening the landscape of idea.
                 -- John Ciardi