[Mailman-Users] MM FAQ/Sendmail question...

Richard Idalski ridalski at nandomedia.com
Thu Dec 6 16:59:36 CET 2001

-- Configure your MTA to not do DNS verifies on receipt from localhost. Most
MTAs default to doing verifies by default. Leaving that turned on will slow
delivery rates from mailman to your MTA significantly, especially for larger
lists.

In Exim, the value to edit is receiver_verify_hosts. See README.EXIM in the
Mailman distribution, or http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html for details.
Details for other MTAs will be added here later.

  I'm still not seeing any how-to's for this for sendmail, and I'm very new
to sendmail so if this is a simple configuration cahnge I'm overlooking it.
Can any give me any details how how to turn this off in Sendmail, or how I
can at least verify that it is doing this, so I can furhter look into
turning it off?

  -Thanks,

        Richard Idalski