[Mailman-Users] DEFAULT_HOST_NAME | virtual host | 'Admin Lin ks' domain definition

Abe Scwartz sloween at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 6 20:30:07 CET 2001

First off, is there any additional documentation for the apps within
$BASEDIR/bin, like list_move and such?

But back to my initial problem -

Within $BASEDIR/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py, the line:

legend = "%s mailing lists - Admin Links" % mm_cfg.DEFAULT_HOST_NAME

I'd like to be able to set the "%s" on a per-vhost basis (either dynamically
via HTTP_HOST or statically in some way). So that when someone visits
domain1.com/mailman/admin, the page is branded with domain1.com. View the
'Admin Links' page (http://something.com/mailman/admin) to see what I mean.

And likewise, visiting domain2.com/mailman/admin should be branded with
domain2.com. Can this be accomplished with something like "move_list"?

So the text at the 'Admin Links' page should read,

For http://domain1.com/mailman/admin -

"Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
domain1.com."

For http://domain2.com/mailman/admin -

"Below is the collection of publicly-advertised mailman mailing lists on
domain2.com."

Please let me know if this doesn't make sense, or if anyone has any other
questions.

Thanks again for your assistance.