[Mailman-Users] Attachments in archive (was Re: What did I do wrong?)

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Fri Dec 7 19:46:12 CET 2001

On 07 December 2001, J. Barnes said:
> Second (different) question.  My list has lots of attachments, which the
> archive stores, but in an odd format.  How can I teach people how to pull
> the attachment out of the archive?  Is there pre-written instructions on
> this somewhere?

There's nothing odd about how Mailman stores attachments: that's what
MIME messages look like.  Any modern MUA will interpret the MIME
gobbledygook and show you a nice collection of attachments, but
Pipermail -- Mailman's default archiver -- knows nothing about MIME.

The usual solution is to use a different archiver, such as MHonArc or
Hypermail.  This is covered in the FAQ; see
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.004.htp

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org