[Mailman-Users] Problem with messages getting stuck sendmail queue

Michael J. Stanislawczyk michael at stanislawczyk.com
Fri Dec 7 22:44:44 CET 2001

I've just installed Mailman and am having a
problem with the messages sent to any list alias
getting "stuck" in my Sendmail queue (with an
operating system error).  The web interface works
to get a user started w/ subscribing to a list and
all administrative functions appear to work, but
the problems occur when a user tries to confirm
their subscription AND, even if I add them to the
list explicitly, when they try to send messages to
the list/list owner, etc. - the mail never gets sent.

I'm guessing there's an issue w/ the wrapper or my
sendmail config?  Here's the error message I get from
the sendmail queue.  Please advise.

# mailq -v
		/var/spool/mqueue (1 request)
----Q-ID---- --Size-- -Priority- ---Q-Time--- 
fB7KfU929195     1155     121169 Dec  7 12:41 
<michael at stanislawczyk.com>
                  (Operating system error)
(---testlist-request:8:0:<testlist-request at somedomain.com>---)
					      "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist"

System Info:
RedHat Linux 7.0 (w/ kernel v2.2.19)

Mailman installed as u: mailman (g: mailman) in

Sendmail version is 8.11.6

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post testlist-results"
"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner
"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd testlist-results"

where, "testlist-results-admin" is configured to
be my e-mail address in the Mailman list config

Yes, I've run "newaliases" and have even restarted

Michael J. Stanislawczyk

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list