[Mailman-Users] password problems

Joshua Gould gould at cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 11 17:32:30 CET 2001

I have a list admin who forgot his password. In the past I'd always go
to the list web page, enter the site password, and then change the
password at the bottom of the general options page.

This always worked in the past, but no longer seems to work. I enter
two copies of the new password and click "Submit your changes". The
page reloads and there is no error messages given.

If I log out and log back in, the new password is not accepted. I've
tried to change the password numerous times this way and it does not
seem to work.

I haven't had to reset a password since I upgraded to 2.0.8 and was
wondering maybe if there is a bug?

  Joshua Gould