[Mailman-Users] password problems

Joshua Gould gould at cis.ohio-state.edu
Tue Dec 11 20:06:42 CET 2001

Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> writes:

> Check the mailman/locks directory and see if someone has the list held open.
>
> To look at the encrypted password (and see if it gets changed) you can use
> the following command line:
>   ~mailman/bin/dumpdb ~/mailman/lists/<listname>/config.db |grep password

I have verified that no locks exist by looking in the locks directory.

I am still not able to change the list administrator password for one
of the lists.

Just to recap, I log in with the site password and at the bottom of
general options I enter the new password twice and click "Submit your
changes". The page reloads and no errors are given. If I logout and
try the new password, it does not work.

  Joshua