[Mailman-Users] [OT] open relay probes...

Harold Paulson haroldp at sierraweb.com
Wed Dec 12 18:15:29 CET 2001

Jay,

It is unlikely that it's related to mailman.  For what it's worth,
even Eric Allman says you shouldn't edit your .cf files directly:

	http://www.sendmail.net/interviews/interview001.shtml

Always build your .cf from a .mc, and treat the .cf like a binary
file.  The FAQs at sendmail.org are pretty good.  This page:

	http://www.brettglass.com/spam.html

has excellent information on locking sendmail down against spam and
other fun stuff.  It looks BSD specific, but it isn't really.

That said, if you can switch to a modern MTA (Postfix, etc..), do so now.

	- H