[Mailman-Users] Dear Python

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Thu Dec 13 00:20:30 CET 2001

On 11 December 2001, adam cole said:
> I am a Hostway user trying to set up a newsletter for my site,
> www.feldenkraisinfo.com.  I've followed all of hostway's directions for
> setting up Mailman as a newsletter.

Have you tried asking Hostway's support staff for help?  Presumably
you're paying them, so they should be your first line of support.

> My problem is I've never done this before, and I really have no idea how to
> get started.  I don't understand the basics.  I want to create a newsletter
> and send it to my subscriber list automatically.  So, first, where do I
> create the newsletter?

That's specific to Hostway's way of doing things.  You'll have to ask them.

> What are my options?

Once you have created the list, you need to find your way to its
administrative interface.  That's where you find out what all your
options are.  There are a lot of them, and most of them won't make sense
if you don't have a solid understanding of Internet email and mailing
list management.  You'll learn.

> Second, how do I get the ball
> rolling and have Mailman send it out?

Once the list is setup, you send mail to the list address.  It's pretty
simple.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org