[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman refusing to send remote emails.

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Dec 13 03:28:12 CET 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:48:09 -0600 (CST)
C Bensend <benny at bennyvision.com> wrote:

> * Mailman doesn't send email to any external addresses, including
> list posts, welcome messages, etc

While this likely doesn't help, this is almost guaranteed not to be
a Mailman problem, but is instead a QMail config problem.  For some
reason wither QMail doesn like mail arriving on the localhost
interface (test with a hand-driven telnet session delivering mail to
127.0.0.1), or there's something about the source address it doesn't
like (sniff the packet stream and see *exactly what's being sent and
if anything is even mildly curious).  And no, sorry, I don't know
what or even possibly why: I see little reason to put up with DJB
and so prefer other MTAs.

--
J C Lawrence