[Mailman-Users] Doesn't work: ./configure --with-mail-gid=12

Bryan Field-Elliot bryan_lists at netmeme.org
Thu Dec 13 21:11:58 CET 2001

Hi,

I'm using Sendmail 8.12.1.

I'm new to Mailman, just trying to get it working today.

When I try to send it commands, I get this bounce message from Sendmail:

Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 12, GOT gid 2.  (Reconfigure to take
2?)
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 2

I understand what's happening here, but my attempts to fix it are
failing. In my mailman source directory, I am doing this:

make clean
 ./configure --with-mail-gid=12
make install

Yet, it has no effect -- further messages being sent to my Mailman are
giving me this same bounce message. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

Bryan