[Mailman-Users] Newbie: How to dissallove posting to lists

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 14:56:19 CET 2001

At 13:22 17/12/2001 +0100, Marcel Hicking wrote:
>I'm new to mailman. So bear with me if this is a too
>simpel question ;-) I could find anything in the docs.
>How can I set up an "announcement only" mailing list?
>That is: No subscriber is to be allowed to post to the
>list (postings, if possible, should be answered with an
>appropriate message)
>Only the listadmin (or, better, a different, selected
>person) should be able to post to the list. Preferedly
>using a web page.
>Could anyone hint me in the right direction?

You can do this using the General posting filters on the Privacy Options
page of the list admin web GUI for the list concerned.

Set member_posting_only to No and put the e-mail address(es) of whoever is
to be allowed to post to the list in the posters field. A post from anyone
else get referred to the admin.