[Mailman-Users] getting cgi-gid right

Bill Moseley moseleymm at hank.org
Wed Dec 19 02:42:07 CET 2001

(sorry for the duplicate to come -- sent from wrong email address)

At 05:24 PM 12/18/01 -0800, Jim Gottlieb wrote:
>	The expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as
>	set by the Web server.

>confirming for me that the web server is running as group daemon, and I
>did a full reconfigure and rebuild of mailman with
>--with-cgi-gid=daemon

I'm going to respond, although I might be wrong.  I got hung up on this,
too, and I wonder if I either got it wrong or if the INSTALL doc was
confusing.

It didn't make sense that they should be setguid as the webserver process
as then they wouldn't have access.  Did I get this messed up?

> ls -l cgi-bin
total 320
-rwxr-sr-x   1 mailman  mailman     30302 Nov 26 10:27 admin
-rwxr-sr-x   1 mailman  mailman     30306 Nov 26 10:27 admindb

Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley at hank.org