[Mailman-Users] what to do when you have list <list> *and* list <list>-admin?

Jessica Koeppel jessica at anticlockwise.com
Sat Dec 22 04:00:46 CET 2001

I'm using mailman at home for some lists, and really like it.

I'm now setting it up for someone who has been hosting a whole bunch
of lists. Unfortunately, I've doscovered that in two cases, he has
bot <list> and <list>-admin lists. This doesn't work with mailman
because I need to put <list>-admin into the aliases file for <list>.

For example, if we have lists foo and foo-admin, i'd wind up with

foo:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post foo"
foo-admin:              "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner foo"
foo-request:            "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd foo"
foo-owner:              foo-admin

foo-admin:                    "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post foo-admin"
foo-admin-admin:              "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner foo-admin"
foo-admin-request:            "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd foo-admin"
foo-admin-owner:              foo-admin-admin

But... I can't wind up with two foo-admin aliases, so this doesn't work.

How should I deal with this? (Other than telling these guys they
either can't use mailman or they can't have a list called "something-admin"
if they also have a list called "something". I definitely want to use
mailman, so I hope there's a solution!)

Thanks!!

--jessica