[Mailman-Users] Announcement Only List

mel kd5de at nwla.com
Tue Dec 25 14:14:57 CET 2001

I mentioned this little problem last week with no reply so maybe try a
different approach. I have a client with 12 list 11 of them are normal but #12
is going to become a big problem after 1/1/02 when it becomes active. This
list is set up to send a daily message to the subscribers. the message is
driven by a perl script. I have set up an Explicit Reply address in the
General options and in the Privacy section I have Restrict Posting off and
allow posting only from the perl script and the list administrator.

But I for see a huge problem. The list is currently public, but the
announcements don't begin until the first of the year. Already the list has
500+ members and the list admin. has already be hit with a dozen that have
tried to post to the list.

I realize that what I need to do must be done with withlist from what I read.
But how do I use withlist to remove the CC: address from outgoing messages and
strip the two lines from the welcome message that say:

To post to this list send email to:
xxx at xxx.xxx (List name)

In other word totally hide the address of the list from the users!

If someone would be so kind as to lend a hand then this ISP will have a chance
to have a Happy New Year.

									Mel