[Mailman-Users] Automatic bounce handling

Hanno Liem hanno at liem.cn
Sat Dec 29 03:25:02 CET 2001

Hi all,

I have a short question to which I could not find anything in the archives
or on the web. Silly perhaps, but:

... is automatic bounce detection automatically enabled when you activate it
on the status page? I wonder how this would work then - because as far as I
can see, bounces go to the person who sent the posting to the list, and is
never seen by mailman?!

The way I *thought* it should work is by putting a reply-to header in the
message which redirects to the mailman 'bounce handler' script.

Am I wrong here or do I misunderstand?

Please enlighten me :-)

kind regards and a happy new year to all,

Han
Hanno Liem | hann0 on IRC | hanno at liem.cn