[Mailman-Users] Password for posting to announce-only list

Anand Desai ad3u at cms.mail.virginia.edu
Sun Dec 30 03:59:23 CET 2001

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so I apologize if my question appeared soon
before, but I didn't see it in the archives.

I'm setting up an announce-only Mailman list for a weekly newsletter
with about 1200 members, so it's very important that no unauthorized
users can post. Is there a way to configure Mailman to require a
password for posting? I'm worried that a fake message appearing to
come from the address of an authorized poster would be sent to the
list.

Ideally I would like to have several addresses from which messages
could be posted with a password or some other means of
authentication. If messages can be posted from the Web interface with
a password, that would be OK as well.

Thanks in advance!

--Anand Desai