[Mailman-Users] how to remove badly formed email address from list

Rachel Willmer rachel at intertrader.com
Fri Feb 2 11:21:21 CET 2001

>> I've got a user on one of my lists who's subscribed himself with the
>> email  address with a form of "myname at home"@isp.co.uk.
>>
>> Of course, this address is completely undeliverable, and every mail out
>> to  the list bounces. So I'd like to remove this guy. But I can't figure
>> out  how!
>
> It *is* a valid RFC 822 address.

Is it?! That'll teach me to not read the RFC...

> I had no problems removing entries like this with
> $PREFIX/bin/remove_members. Does it give you an error?

I tried ...

~/bin/remove_members news "myname at home"@isp.co.uk

This came back with a "User `myname at home@isp.co.uk' not found." error.

But then I tried ...

~/bin/remove_members news \"myname at home\"@isp.co.uk

which worked just fine and the user is now history...

Thanks
Rachel