[Mailman-Users] CGI problems and lock files

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener at shu.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 17:33:57 CET 2001

Hi, I have recently upgraded to version 2.0.1 of mailman running on Solaris 2.7 with Python 1.5.2.
This seems to work much more efficiently that the old version but every so often I am locked out of the web interface of certain lists. On inspection there appears to be a large amount of lock files in $prefix/locks to do with these particular lists. Removing these lock files allows me back into the lists. Is this problem a feature and are hanging locks purged periodically? Incidentally though I can see a datastamp I can't see a timestamp on these lock files.

Regards

Ray Gardener