[Mailman-Users] Mail Storm from vacation messages

Arthur J. Byrnes abyrnes at stetson.edu
Mon Feb 5 15:40:53 CET 2001

We have been running mailman for over a year, and today is the
second time that we have had a "Mail Storm" caused by someone's
vacation reply message.  Different person each time.

I upgraded about two weeks ago, after the first storm and am
running 2.0.1 which seemed to be the latest version
available.  I caught this mornings storm before it got too far.

To stop this mornings storm I went to the web interface and
turned mail off to the recipient who was causing the storm.

How can I fix this?  User education is not an option, since
majordomo has not had this problem.

Thank You in advance for any help that you can give me.

Arthur
-
Arthur J. Byrnes
Unix System Administrator