[Mailman-Users] Failed Exec: wanted one GID, got another

Len Merikanto lennu at tietoverkot.net
Tue Feb 13 10:31:59 CET 2001

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Brian Cohen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was running mailman-2.0beta2 and it was working okay but I decided to
> upgrade to mailman-2.0.1 and thats when the trouble started.  I configured
> the new version with the exact same ./configure options as with the older
> version (I lifted it from config.status), which is as follows:
>
> with-mail-gid=mailman  ('mailman' is gid 12343)
> with-cgi-gid=nobody   ('nobody' is gid 32767, and is the user my Apache
> runs as.)
>
> along with prefix and the location of python.  Now, however, when I try to
> post to the test list I created, the message causes the following error:
>
> <test at sandworm.intercarve.net>: Command died with status 2:
>     "/usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper post test". Command output: Failure
> to exec script. WANTED gid 12343, GOT gid 32767.  (Reconfigure to take
> 32767?)
>
> I've seen this problem posted before, but I can't seem to nail this
> down. What's going on?
>
> My MTA is Postfix and my OS is OpenBSD 2.7.

Im still no advanced in my earlier post i still have same kind of problem
even i know gids are as they should be, is there anyway to check the gids
by hand? any program to report the gids.
i am quite positive that this linux is broken.
or mailman doesnt work correctly.

just for your convience:
[lennu at mail lennu]$ grep mailman /etc/group
mail::12:mail,mailman
mailman::2169:mailman,mail
[lennu at mail lennu]$ grep mailman /etc/passwd
mailman:*:2169:12:Mailman:/home/mailman:/usr/bin/bash
[lennu at mail lennu]$ ls -la ~mailman/mail/
total 34
drwxrwsr-x   2 root     mailman      1024 Feb  9 12:14 .
drwxrwsr-x  18 mailman  mailman      1024 Feb  9 12:14 ..
-rwxr-sr-x   1 root     mailman     31099 Feb  9 12:14 wrapper

Len Merikanto,		Phone:	+358968691950
Tietoverkot Oy		Mobile:	+358409008494
Munkkisaarenkatu 2	Fax:	+358968691935
00150 Helsinki, Finland