[Mailman-Users] Mail headers with Mailman

Ed Lazor osmosis at atfantasy.com
Fri Feb 16 01:06:40 CET 2001

>We have different definitions of "unreasonable".  I consider that
>not requiring your members to such is not only unreasonable, but
>foolhardy.  <shrug>  YMMV.

Having different definitions is fine.  I respect your opinion.  I'm also
glad I don't follow all of the proposed standards on the net and force
people to adhere to them.  That would translate to a large amount of
changes, many for proposals that would never become standard.

It's like a boss I had.  He felt certain java workstations were going to be
the next big thing, so he forced the replacement of hundreds of
workstations across the company with Sun workstations at over 11k per
desktop and 25k per laptop.  The justification was that java workstations
would be around and operational much longer than standard pcs and that we'd
be in the "sweet spot" of technology.

Boy was he wrong.  End users hated sun workstations and java workstations
faded from the spotlight.  He wasted a lot of money and lost his job in the
process.

As you'd say, him forcing proposed standards before they became actual
standards was foolhardy.

-Ed